Thursday, June 30, 2011

What A Difference A Day Makes

"Morning has broken, like the first morning."

It's amazing how an event, a conversation, an introduction or a gesture can change the whole world all at once. Several examples of that very thing happened in and around my life yesterday. The high points are:

I talked to a different company about the hot house problem I discussed yesterday. EnergyWise, OKC's Solatube dealer, came out and talked to me about their stuff. I went by their store Monday and I've seen them at shows for years. Not only did I buy their solution for the attic ventilation, I bought three skylights too. I spent a thousand dollars more than I would have spent with the other bozos, and feel much better about my purchase. I'd much rather give the 'right' people $1800 than the wrong people $150. This encounter was night and day different than the previous one, and I feel great about my decision to buy from these guys.

Someone I work with got lab results back from a series of tests the doctors ran to figure out what's wrong. Bad news, looks like. It's amazing how a simple lab report can make such a dramatic difference in someone's life.

A friend I had dinner with a week ago, and had a lot in common with at that time, met someone last weekend. They had one of those 'Three Minute Conversations That Change The Rest Of Your Life." I keep hoping for one. I have had several in my life, but only one since I came out. Anyway, my friend now has a new best friend, and his whole countenance is different because of it. Who knows the future? Even if the relationship only lasts a short time, at least it's fun. And who knows whether it won't last forever? My friend is a really good guy, and I wish him all the best with his new found relationship. And I'm, of course, jealous as hell.

Sometimes momentum builds over months or years, as I am experiencing in my own life just now. Other times life can change on a dime. Wouldn't it be cool if the momentum that's been building in my world for so long leads up to a life changing for the better event in my life?