Friday, July 1, 2011

What A Difference A Month Makes

"Thinking a little less, doing a little more."

Believe it or not, it's time to wrap up June and look into the crystal ball at July already. It seems like just a few days ago, I was writing about my find at the Paseo Arts Festival over Memorial Day weekend. Now another month makes the transition from 'is' to 'was'.

In terms of Momentum, my buzzword for the year, June has been a good month. I've been trying to do more, think a little less and engage on purpose the rising momentum in life without screwing it up. June has been an active month, and I'm been reaching out beyond myself. I can't say it's been a really fun month, but I can say I think it has been really necessary. I wish it had been more productive or fruitful, but then July is here. I'm not sure that Momentum has any respect or awareness of when months or years change,  and I'm quite sure that Momentum has no respect for human deadlines or impatience. It just continues, and continues to increase. And I'm excited to ride it out and see where it goes.

The month at a glance goes something like this:

I took almost a week off as a work interlude, just to focus on work, get caught up on stuff and get ready for the things I know are coming throughout the rest of the summer.

I decided to try hard to change my circumstances revolving around Friday Nights. This, BTW, has been a great success. I'm having dinner and drinks with three and maybe four people tonight that I don't actually mind hanging out with. If we can get some traction and synergy, I think I just might have the initial stages of a group of gay friends - something I've wanted and needed for a long, long time.

The rest of the month has been oddly unprofound. I've been busy doing stuff that isn't hard or intimidating, but just a lot of normal, ordinary stuff. And although it's been busy, and I'm tired, it's also been strangely refreshing and even rewarding. I don't mind if this trend continues into July. It just seems like June was a really earthy, gritty, roll up my sleeves and do stuff month.

And it's been hot. And it looks like July is starting off that way too. Just Too Damn Hot. But that's OK. After tomorrow, my air conditioner is going to work better or else I may burn down my house for the insurance money. Grrr.