Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bro

"Awesome on several levels."

Today's my brother's birthday. Not too many years ago, my bro was easy to buy for cause he needed about everything. But now that the business is doing so well, he's got all the money and doesn't need a damn thing. If he does, he's like me and he goes and gets three.

So birthdays and other occasions are difficult now. But for his birthday this year I found a really great gift. He's always burning candles (mainly because he can't remember where his cigarette lighter is). And the candles he burns, having been initially purchased by his wife, always smell like a French whore house.

No More. I found Man-Cans, candles for real men, with scents like "New Mitt" and "Fresh Cut Grass". I got my brother a starter set of these things, and it's something he'll never expect, and it's cool.

And to top that story, the whole business is the creation of a kid with a vision and evidently the resources to get it started. What an inspiration, and a really good story. And the materials are recycled, and the passion behind the concept was to support local food charities in his area. The whole picture is cool.

OK, all you gay guys that like candles, be real men and check out the web site, http://www.man-cans.com/ and video below.




And, Happy Birthday, Bro.