Sunday, June 5, 2011

Excuse Me While I Take A Work Break

"This seems like a good place to stop for a bit. Let's take a break."

Well, it's a new week and as it has been for most of the year I'm swamped. I have so much to do next week I don't even know where to start. And it's all just stuff. Nothing on the horizon is particularly challenging or difficult. There's just a lot of it.

That is good and bad. The good part is that I just have to be on my toes and get it done. Focused, organized and diligent. The bad news is that none of it requires any real thought or wrestling with moral, tactical or spiritual issues. It's just work.

After my thoughts last week about meeting momentum with faith and seizing the opportunities it brings my way, and my ultimate decision to just go with it instead, letting it take me where it wills for now and enjoying the ride, it seems appropriate that the near term be filled with just plain old fashioned hard work. I'm actually looking forward to it.

I just sense a near term stint of 'do more, think less' coming my way, which implies that I might not have a whole lot to say worthy of being in a journal. Who knows tomorrow? If I have something cool to say and the time to put it into words, I will do so enthusiastically. But in the absence of any such inspiration, it is both my desire and intention to take a small break from my blog. I'm not going to stop writing it. I'm just going to stop writing five or six times a week.

I want to emphasize that I think this is a short term deal. In the words of world famous Arnold, "I'll be back". Also, I think this is a really good thing in the context of momentum this year, the season of life at the moment and how the dinner table is set just now.

So, thanks for reading and don't give up on me. I'm just taking a small break to get some work done.