Friday, June 10, 2011

We Now Return To Regularly Scheduled Programming

"When You're Hot, You're Hot."

Please forgive the preceding 'work interlude'. I really needed the time to focus on clearing up my work world, so I put everything else on hold for a week and took care of that. It turned out to be the perfect week to do so, and I got a helluva lot done.

I feel like Rooster Cogburn, reins in my teeth, charging a passel of bad guys, both guns ablazin'.


I've still got a lot to do, but I'm not overwhelmed with it anymore. And this week, though hard work all week, has really been a blast.

Furthermore, it's nice to know you've still got it. I killed two separate computer problems that my IT guy couldn't figure out. And I did it through just good old fashioned troubleshooting techniques that I've used since the early '80's. I was beginning to think I couldn't do IT stuff anymore because my knowledge is so out of date. But, Damn!, I still got it when it comes to problem solving skills.

In fact, there are several slain dragons laying around my office just now if anyone has the time or inclination to come help me dispose of the bodies and clean up the mess. I'll bring the corn dodgers.

Anyway, I've missed my blog. It turns out that for me writing is a good stress reliever. Plus, keeping my thoughts organized enough to put in a blog is great mental exercise. I've already enjoyed going back and reading some ot the junk I wrote earlier. So I think I'll keep up the blog for a bit longer.