Saturday, June 4, 2011

Another Road to Nowhere

"For once in my life, I'm going to think less - on purpose. "

Thursday, I suggested a difference between what I called Faith in the Outcome vs. Faith in the Process. On one hand, I feel the momentum of this year increasing. And I want to meet that momentum with faith and passion, taking full advantage of the opportunity. On the other hand, I don't want to again invest what faith I have left in unrealistic expectations. This destroys both faith and momentum.

But there really is no such actual distinction. I was trying to use the differentiation as a study tool, and drawing lines between things that are not inherently separate so I can see the whole better.

Faith is supposed to move mountains. The fervent prayer of a righteous man is supposed to be effective, and impact the world around him. Process leads to outcome anyway, so faith without outcome (did James say works?) is dead. Process and outcome are necessarily linked, and faith necessarily implies expectations.

Blah. I can't get this line of thinking to go anywhere, so I'm abandoning it.

Furthermore, I don't think I have enough faith at present to do anything constructive. I used mine all up years ago, and although I know I'm developing more it's slow going and not yet strong. I believe (have faith?) that it will be someday, but alas, not today.

Besides, Life Is Good just now.

So, I have decided that rather than try to meet momentum with faith and seize the day, so to speak, I am instead going to continue to ride the wave of momentum that is already present in my life, and continue to be very thankful and aware of it. For now, I'm willing to go where ever it takes me, and enjoy whatever I find there and every step along the way.

I hope that's not a copout.