Friday, April 1, 2011

Already April

"It's too early in the year to be tired."

I will not admit to being tired, but I admit to being a little overwhelmed. I don't even have a good handle on March, and now it's April. Wow. I knew that Momentum was going to be the theme of the year, but I'm starting to wonder whether I have enough lead in my pencil to keep up the pace.

April is usually my favorite month. My birthday is in April (and I get a free one this year). Easter is in April, and I am still contemplating a Houston trip. Tax season is upon us, Oh Boy! It's time to get the yard in shape and I'm already behind the power curve there. Lake Eufaula is calling. Baseball season is starting.

I have made almost no progress improving my pathetic social life. I can list a few people I don't want to hang with and a few circles I don't want to be a part of, but I haven't found a group of people or anyone special that I really want to spend any significant time with. Same old story there. But I still have hope that this year will be different.

Just because life has been so busy in March, I haven't been getting my 'me' time (normally between 6:30 and 9:30 AM every day). My whole adult life, I have used this time to just recharge, think, listen and dream. At times, I lose the opportunity to have this time (like the last half of March) and it quickly takes its toll. I find myself tired, irritable and disconnected from what I'm supposed to be doing.

I know it is time to take action when I can't hear the music anymore. Music has always been so important to me, and when I get out of sorts, the music stops. I'm there now. No big deal, I know how to fix it. And I know from experience that fixing it is more important than anything else on the agenda. If I don't, the rest falls away too.

So I have an idea. Let's postpone the beginning of April for about 10 days, and let me catch my breath. A hundred years from now, nobody will know.

But then I'll be ready for the momentum to continue, and continue to increase. It really is a good year, and not one thing on my punch list is negative. Everything I've got going on is positive and encouraging to me. I don't want it to back off or slow down.

I just want to be able to keep up.