Saturday, May 28, 2011

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah!

"Plenty of sunshine headed my way..."

I'm very ready for a long weekend. I'm starting it by meeting a friend for coffee. Then it's off to the Paseo Arts Festival, which is in my opinion one of the best events Oklahoma City has to offer.

We have a regionally famous Arts Festival downtown in April every year. It's cool too, and I always find something there I can't live without. But the art for the most part is really expensive, really high brow stuff that is out of my league, financially and artistically. I love going, but I enjoy Paseo more.

Banana Republic makes great clothes for young, cute guys. I like their clothes, but I don't look my best in them. Eddie Bauer makes nice clothes for old, fat guys. I do better shopping there. The same holds true for the two Arts Festivals we have. The real one is the Banana Republic, and the Paseo Arts Festival is the Eddie Bauer of Art. Not only can I afford stuff there, but overall it has more applicability to my world than the uppity one earlier this year.

So, I'm looking forward to exploring down there a while.

Then, finally, at long last, with great enthusiasm, I'm going to the lake for the first time this year.

I can't believe I haven't already been down there any number of times. But the weather has been weird, I've been really busy, SEL (Standard Excuse List) # 14, # 27 and of course # 7. Usually, my lake season runs March 15 through July 4. After that, it's too damn hot for this boy. This year, it's already the end of May and I haven't been once. What a shame.

Anyway, the whole family is going, and we'll eat good, drink a little and have nice campfires. And it isn't work. And I'll get to renew my acquaintance with the lake again. I've had some of my best conversations ever with the lake. Stay tuned, and hopefully I'll get around to sharing some of them on my blog.

For now though, all I need is Mr Bluebird on my shoulder.