Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato and Onion

"...and a sombrero, pretty please."

I know, I know, it's a little bit typical white American stereotype of another people group. Don't be offended. He's adorable.

I know Latinos and especially Mexicans take a lot of crap from Americans. The stereotype is that they come up here illegally, don't pay taxes, use public resources and steal American jobs. Blah, Blah.

There are political issues, and there is a right way and a wrong way to accomplish one's goals in life. But there's also a human issue that to me takes precedence over politics. I really respect people who reach out for a better life.

For the most part, whether legally or illegally, they come here for that purpose. They work hard, stay out of trouble, contribute as much or more than they take and are just trying to improve life for their families and people they love.

Let's get off their backs a little, huh?