Thursday, May 19, 2011

Business Opportunity: Post Rapture Pet Care

"Gotta Luv Capitalism!"

Earlier, I wrote about a group that has decided the rapture is coming May 21,2011. That's just three days from today. The original post was called Noah Knew.

So I guess that some doubters have come up with a way to profit from the event. For somewhere between $20 and $135, those who have confidence in the prediction can make sure their pets are well cared for after they're gone.

Rather than poke fun at anybody - and for all I know they may be right, and if the rapture happens Saturday, I hope it's in the early morning because it would get me out of a little league baseball game.- Anyway, rather than poke fun, I thought I would highlight a pretty well thought out business idea.

Just look at the benefits of this business model:
  • It provides peace of mind for those leaving - that in itself is worth the small fee.
  • It makes money for the enterprising people who thought of it. 
  • It keeps stray pets off of the street and out of people's garbage cans.
  • It comes with a 10 year margin of error. Who else provides that flexibility?
  • And if the rapture occurs, it should dramatically reduce the cost of Chinese food in just about every city in America.
 As far as I can tell, there is no down side. What a perfect business plan. I wish I'd thought of it.

But I could never be a customer. I have a dog, and really enjoy her. But it's just a damn dog. If it dies, I'll get another one.