Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama bin Blown Away

"If you cut the head off of a snake, does the snake die?"

Well it looks like May is going to start with some international momentum! We finally got the Son of a Bitch, eh? It only cost several trillion dollars, several thousand soldiers' lives, a decade, the disruption or deaths of who knows how many lives in several countries, possibly the U.S. Economy and God knows what else. But we won, I hope.

There's a concept that if you kill the queen, the whole colony dies. It works with termites, anyway. But I'm not sure it works with terrorist cell groups. Doesn't really matter the guy had to go, and for the record I don't think he made a very good Queen. I hope his 'followers' don't want to lead his life. But I think the best outcome we can hope for is a little different.

Maybe the best thing for us from this point is that the snake called Al-Qaeda will grow four of five new heads to replace the one we cut off yesterday. The theory would be that in the competition for resources and popularity, the new heads would all fight with each other and leave us relatively alone. They'd be weaker and easier targets when we decide to clean up the mess.

Sound a little far fetched? Hey, it works great in American politics.

Terrorism is such a terrible thing. A terrorist basically says, "I know I'm totally in the wrong, and I represent a position that the world at large rejects, but I'm going to make the whole world respect my point of view by blowing up innocent people and destroying things." How do they ever expect to win any support or advocacy for their positions and beliefs. They pick a fight that nobody, least of all themselves, wins.

The terrorist says, "A world that disagrees with me should be destroyed." Even if they win, they lose. A world destroyed cannot honor their God, and their God - if He is indeed the creator of the world - cannot possibly respect them for trying to destroy it. The whole paradigm makes no sense.

And those who feel this is a "Great Victory for America" should count the cost. It is undoubtedly the most expensive assassination in the history of the world. Congrats all around for that one, guys.

Anyway, Good Riddance to Osama bin Sleeping With Fishes. I think that wherever he is this morning, it is not where expected to end up.