Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Another Beautiful Morning

"How can I get paid for this?"

If there is a theme to my blog, and I'm not sure there is or that the overall tenor of my blog represents it, I want that theme to be digging through my days, finding something beautiful, worthy of praise, pure, right, honorable or just something I am proud of and highlight that thing. I love doing this. I wish I could figure out how to get paid for it.

But then it wouldn't be worship, would it?

Anyway, today's winner is (once again) the beautiful beyond description morning hot tub and coffee time I enjoyed so much. The air is cool and wet, the trees and yard are beautiful, the morning sun is both stimulating and extremely peaceful. What a great way to start a day. How does anyone live without a hot tub?

And as I soaked in the hot water and soaked up the beautiful morning, I remembered one of my favorite songs from the distant past:
The Lord reigns, let the earth rejoice,
Let the hills sing for joy,
Let the forests lift their hands to Him
And the people hear His voice.

The Lord reigns, let the nations know
He's exalted on cherubim,
Let the earth quake,
For the Lord is great,
He's exalted over them.

Call all the people to praise His name,
To bow down at His footstool and pray.
The holy God and a mighty King
We will hear Him and not turn away.

I love the morning, I love good things, I love beauty and I love God, the source of it all and the one who opens my eyes so I can see it. The ugly shit in life finds its way into my field of vision all by itself. But the beauty in life is so hard for a blind, stupid guy like me to see and perceive. It's so great to have a Guide, a Helper, a Faithful Friend and Teacher. And, oh yeah, he's the absolute sovereign Lord of it all too.

Some people hate Him because they don't know better, Others fear Him terribly (and sometimes rightfully so). I'm excited, proud and thankful.