Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions 2011

"Everybody needs someone to follow, someone to walk with and someone to lead. "

If you can't tell from reading my blog lately, Life Is Good (for a crazy, half blind, naive, gullible, ugly idiot like me, anyway). I have no complaints, and am thankful and appreciative of where I am just now.

I have but one New Year's Resolution:

I resolve to increase, qualitatively and quantitatively, the scope of my
social life: my interaction with the human race.

I tend to think too much about universal momentum, and things too deep for the majority of people I know. I want to learn to be shallow so I can interact with more people. I don't have a clue how to do this. And I also don't want to live a lie, or try to be something that I am not.

I tend to be a loner. Friends are, generally speaking, a pain in the ass. I need to make some friends that don't always want something, and are willing to contribute something. My past experience with people is pretty much the opposite. They always want, need and take but never give. I know that not everybody is like this, just the people I seem to attract.

But I spend too much time alone. Too much time thinking and not enough time doing. I have a lot to give, and it makes me feel good to give (until I run out, then it hurts).

So, there it is. My New Year's Resolution.

Now, how the hell do I do it? Any thoughts would be appreciated, cause I don't have a clue.

(Hey, I could start a blog.)