Wednesday, December 8, 2010

2010 Year in Review

"Success is a journey, not a destination."
2010 has been an outstanding year. Last year about this time, I made a list of things I would like to see resolved in 2010. Several long-term items have been addressed this year, and I am thankful. Here's an overview:
  • I found a church that I really like, and I don't have to lie to be a part of. I'll write a 'shout out' post about Expressions OKC later. It's been a long time since I was part of a church I am proud of.
  • The IRS is off of our back at work. I wrote about this a little earlier. This has been going on for three years, and it was time for it to be concluded. And, I won. Perfect.
  • I have an extra house (long story) that has been a problem since 2006. I can't sell it for enough to pay off the mortgage, I can't afford the payments, utilities, insurance, etc. And until this year, I haven't been able to rent it or figure out how to get our from under it. I finally found a way to rent it for most of the mortgage, and at least for now, the problem is contained.
  • My social life was at an all time low. I needed to make some new friends, get involved with some new organizations, reach out more and reconnect with some of my life long friends I've let get too far away.
  • I had a wonderful vacation in Boston. But more importantly, I think I have found a place where I could live and enjoy life without driving if my eyes get worse (they're all screwed up, and have been my whole life). Living in Oklahoma is just not feasible without a car. Not so in Boston.
It doesn't seem like much of a list when I write it like that. I could write for days and still not express how great I feel about all that has happened this year. There is more to be done, and I look forward to 2011. But 2010 has just been a banner year for me. I feel lighter, more alive, more enthusiastic and more confident than I have felt in many years. It is a really good thing just to be happy for a while!