Thursday, January 3, 2013

I Don't Smoke, I Vape

"Say 'Hello' To My Little Friend."

Please allow me to introduce my Brand New E-cigarette. It is a Joyetech Ego Twist 1000 with a CE4 Cartomizer. (Wow, does that sound technical or what?). It's blue and pretty. (OK, that sounds gay.)

It is everything an e-cigarette should be. The battery lasts all day, and is consistent from the first drag to the last. The tank holds 1.6 ml of nicotine 'juice', which is roughly a pack and a half of cigarettes. It is used by inhaling through the mouthpiece while pressing the button on the battery to produce a nicotine laden vapor that looks and feels just like smoke. It doesn't smell, nor does it contain any of the 4,000 chemicals other than nicotine that old fashioned, 'analog' cigarettes have.

It costs $80, but I've probably paid a thousand for it if you take into account all of the other crap I tried before I found this little gem.

Last year, I sort of quit smoking for almost two months by using a combination of nicotine patches, nicotine losenges and traditional e-cigarettes. Every day was a fight, and I still smoked a couple of real cigarettes every day.

I've been using this guy for a little more than a week. I am not using the patches or losenges, and I'm smoking only a couple of cigarettes per day now. And I'm not really fighting with it. I just use the T-1000 instead of a smoke. I actually like the taste, the effect and the outcome. It's new and improved smoking.

The play here is...I'm not quitting smoking, I'm 'vaping' instead. I'm still getting my nicotine fix. I'm not getting the tar and crap that regular cigs have provided for the past 25 years. I'm not suffering or fighting. I'm not losing my mind. It's the greatest thing I've found since my Asus e-Pad Transformer.

The juice comes in about 80 different flavors and 5 different strengths. I use the strongest. I picked out a whole handful of really gay flavors too... Pineapple, Grape, Strawberry, Lime Ice and Coconut. I also got the unflavored and the American Tobacco flavor. They're all pretty good.

And, except for that ever famous first cigarette of the morning, and maybe one before bed, I'm not smoking.