Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Welcome, O Visitor From Dave's World. I Mean You No Harm

"Ich spreche kein barfly"

I am intrigued that Dave would read much of my blog. Dave I and met 10 years ago and I really enjoyed knowing him back in the day. At one time I had a great deal of respect for him but then some Indian squaw friend of his named Three Horses came along and stole it. He knows me really well but I evidently know nothing about him. It seems like quite a long trip from calling me names and making fun of me on his blog to actually almost recommending mine to others. I sense a joke that I don't get in there somewhere, but I'll play along.

So, let me show you around a little.

I am gay in that I'm sexually attracted to nice looking men. But that's about all I have in common with the gay world. The intrinsic association of 'gay' with emotional, psychological and sexual abuse and self abuse as well as the booze, drugs and disconnect from real life and relationships that go with it is a paradigm I don't understand very well. I consider it tragically sad, which are the two words that encapsulate Dave to me. I have seen his potential, his passion and his impact with my own eyes at close range, in the midst of hard times in his own life. I loved him for it. He says he has changed, but I don't believe him. An eagle cannot become a frog.

Lest my comments sound judgmental in the least, I am nobody's judge except my own, [please note the period at the end of that sentence. Those are important in my writing.] Life is about choices, and each of is responsible for making our own.

I learned to love deeply, intimately, intentionally and effectively long before I knew anything about sex. I dream of being in a relationship with someone else like that.

I am a Christian. Christianity is a very important part of my life even to the extent that I chose it over being gay when I thought the two were mutually exclusive. Ironically, Dave was singularly and personally responsible for me being able to outgrow the oxymoron.

But fear not, O Visitor from Dave's World. I do not consider it my job to save your soul or ram anything down your throat. I sold medical billing software for many years, but I never tried to sell it to a construction company. I am now in the aviation parts industry and spend exactly zero time marketing aircraft parts to tanning salons. I understand that Christianity is not for everybody, just like not everybody is gay.

On the other hand, this is my blog, and the Christian worldview and way of thinking play heavily into my thoughts, my life and by definition my blog. Enjoy what you can and ignore the rest. I respect your choices, please respect mine.

And if anyone trips over this who is struggling with the oxymoron or lost in the conundrum, I'm Your Man. I can help. I understand the issues deeply and intimately, and you don't have to sacrifice your relationship with the Eternal God for the temporal needs and desires of this mortal life - or the other way around. God created us, knows us and loves us. If I can help make that concept more real to you, jump on in here.

Well, Visitor, if you made it thus far, you probably belong here. Welcome, and make yourself at home. I wonder if Dave made it this far? If so, I still don't get the joke. But thanks for the plug, and for your impact in my life these many years ago. I appreciate it more than you can know.