Friday, September 16, 2011

Here We Go...Again

"God, is it Friday Already?"

This week in particular has been unusually crazy at work, and today will be no exception. September so far has just been a blur. I got up this morning and realized that it's already Friday...again.

And again, I'm way behind the power curve at work. I'm just keeping my head above water with the daily stuff, and haven't even started the end of month process for August. It's time to think about taxes again, the bank wants it's bi-annual list of stuff, we're busy as ever, and I'm not on top of stuff that I should always be on top of. I've even had to do some cash flow management this week, which is a polite way to say that there's not enough money to go around just now. I haven't had to worry about short term cash flow budgeting since 2002.

And again, in a few hours it will be Friday night. As it stands right now, I don't have anything on the agenda for the evening, so it looks like I may have to go hang out in the ghetto for a while.  I haven''t been slumming in months, so I guess a beer or two at the gay bars won't be too bad. Who knows? There may yet be someone else down there wandering around in the dark looking for ... how many times have I thought that?

Again, the summer weather has finally broken, so it's the right time to do some stuff around the house like throw away all of the plants that died this summer in the 63 days of 100+ heat. I'm also doing some work on my fireplace so I can actually enjoy it this year. As fast as time is flying by just now, it will be Christmas by next Thursday, and I've got a lot to do to get ready.

Tomorrow I think I'll go to the State Fair. The Fair is fun by itself, but for some reason it has also been a catalyst for a whole lot of good things in my life. In 1990, my old business partner and I ran into each other at the fair and started the software business I would spend 13 years working with. A few years later the fair was where a new relationship started that would become a cherished friendship. The fair is sometimes a place where new ideas, new plan and new dreams are born for me. It's not that way every year, but I'm due.

 So, here we go...again. Time to kick off another Friday..and if I get really bored, there are a couple of football games tomorrow.