Friday, September 23, 2011

Call Of Duty

"Two little league football games and Sr day at the fair? I need a drink."

My bro and I flipped for it, so I took Mom to the Fair on Senior day. There weren't that many people down there, but the ones that were moved in slow motion. Except, of course, for those who had their electric carts. It took forever to get anywhere because the whole place was moving so slow. I handled it better than my bro. I took a deep breath and slowed down with everyone else, half sleeping through the experience. My bro would have been a blithering idiot by the end of our time there.

I already had my fair time last weekend, so Wednesday was all about mom. Mom and I had a great time. She bought some stuff that will probably show up again around Christmas. Moms are cool. Mine's getting older. It's time to start cherishing the good times. They aren't going to last forever.

I made it to two little league football games as well this week - got 'em both in on the same night too.  I was actually impressed that a bunch of six year olds could actually run a variety of plays and make it look like they know what they're doing. They're learning a lot, these guys. They're learning about football, teamwork, strategy, competition, and the concept that if they don't stand in there and take their ground, they're gonna get run over. And they don't even know it. They're just having fun. Anyway, I made sure both of my nephews knew I was at their games. I did my uncle's duty on a beautiful night and had a great time.

But last night, I needed a drink. I went to the Park and said 'hello' to the bartender. I had my usual shot of Crown and two MGD's, and enjoyed some music vidios from Muscle Beach. I think there were eight people in the bar total. I used to really enjoy going out on Thursdays because the crowd was good but smaller and less intense then Fridays or Saturdays. Last night was a little too small and not quite intense enough. Oh well, I enjoyed the drinks and slept really good.

I'm writing a purchase agreement to sell two engines as I finish this. I'm so far behind at work I haven't even started the end of month chores for August, and now September is practically over. [sigh]

And I'm headed for the lake this weekend. Looks like the whole fam damnily is going, so I probably won't get any reading in, but some good guitar time around a campfire sounds great. I wonder if the burn ban is still on? Anyway, if I have time to transcribe one from my paper journals, I might just entertain you with another 'conversation with the lake' while I'm gone. I've enjoyed revisiting those this summer.

Are there any football games this weekend?