Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Morning Meditation

"It seems appropriate since I missed church yesterday - again. Join me if you like."

Light of the world you stepped down into darkness, opened my eyes, let me see beauty that made this heart adore you; hope for a life spent with you.

So here I am to worship.

Lord, my life and my existence have but one purpose, and that is to worship you. With my thoughts this morning, and the words of my mouth, but also with every activity, task, action, reaction and decision, I want and need to walk out that singular purpose today. Apart from that purpose, life has no meaning. But inside of that purpose, every event of life is an opportunity to worship you, and absorb and reflect your love and goodness into the world around me as the moon reflects sunlight. To the extent that I have free will and freedom of choice, I choose to live my life this way. Teach me how and I will learn. Show me how and I will know. Lead me and I will follow.
Here I am to bow down.
I bow down to you not in unconditional submission, but in absolute trust. I do not cower before you as one who fears your wrath or retribution, but I bow down to you as one who is committed to knowing you, walking with you, learning from you and being like you. From this perspective, I know that my mind is renewed and transformed in such a way that I begin to know what your will is. The more I know, the more I trust. The more I trust, the more I bow down.
Here I am to say that you're my God.
If I say you are God, I say you are the creator, father, ruler and judge of everything and everyone. If I say you are 'my God', I say that you are the axis around which my world revolves and the center of my universe. This morning I say that you are my God; the objective of my life's quest, the destination of my journey and the fulfillment of my desires. You are my God, and there is no other.
You're altogether lovely,
As dolphins get to swim in the ocean and eagles get to soar high above, so am I immersed in and surrounded by you. Everything about you is good and beautiful. The earth you created, the relationship you establish with those who worship you and everything with which you have to do is indeed lovely. It is not a chore or burden to follow you, it is my joy, my happiness, I am honored and excited to live in your context and build my life around your character and purpose for me.
Altogether worthy,
It is right and good that you are God, for you have earned that title by all that you are and all that you have done. There is no God like you in the heavens, there is no God like you in the earth. You have kept your covenant and showed mercy when you didn't have to, and reached out to men who hated you. It is not just your power and position that make you worthy of being God, it is also your choices and your sacrifice. You have earned that to which you were already entitled,
Altogether wonderful to me.
I am excited and thankful and enthusiastic about knowing you, following you and worshiping you. You really are wonderful, and your impact on my life and the universe at large is also wonderful. I am proud of you, and proud to be associated with you. I'll probably never fully understand the depth and effort involved in your creation of the paradigm in which I can relate to you, but I understand it enough to very much appreciate it, and enough to respect it with my whole heart.

OK, here we go...