Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Momentum: March Madness

"One for the money, Two for the show, Three to get ready, Let's GO,, GO, GO!"

Is it really time to turn the calander over again and talk about March? March means the dying gasps of Winter and the timid advances of Spring. Easter, Mardi Gras, planning my yard, riding my bike, opening up our place at the lake, being outside and finding my way out of hibernation is usually what March means.

I'm thinking of making my not-really-annual but now-and-then trip to Houston for Jungle 18 and Bunnies on the Bayou over Easter Weekend. It's the only really gay thing I ever do, only because I have a friend who lives there and lets me tag along. Only gay thing? Yeah, Right. I have so many OGT's that if I didn't do such a good job of covering them up...oh well. I guess I should say it's tho only gay PARTY thing I do. And it's a hell of a party...maybe just what I need this year. Even if I don't go, it's good motivation to spend some quality time on my bike.

What am I talking about? Who has time for that? I actually had to work last Saturday for the first time in years. I'm so far behind. I''ve got so much to do around here - and it all costs money. It seems to me like life is going faster this year than it ever has before. There is so much going on that I (for the first time in my memory) have the option of just picking and choosing what I want to take in. The rest just goes by.

Time is flying, and I feel as high as Friday Night Barfly. I love being busy, energized and fast paced. Especially when all of that momentum actually accomplishes something.

So bring on March. I vow to enjoy every possible minute of it.