Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kelliente

"History in the making, Mr. Gay Oklahoma 2011."

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, I was present for the election and coronation of Mr. Gay Oklahoma, 2011. I met up with some of his supporters to witness and participate in the festivities. There were some really good performances both by previous Mr. Gay Oklahoma's and by some really good drag personalities. It's amazing that cute guys can make the most beautiful women. But it's still not my thing.

So in the middle of the event, I left for a while and went next door to the Park to see who was out and about. There were two really nice looking dancers, and one of them was on his maiden voyage. Nice.

When I got back, everyone acted like I never left. I did have a little too much to drink, mainly because the bartender was gorgeous and shirtless, and his jeans highlighted his assets that his shirt wouldn't have had he been wearing one.

Since he was a bit of a prick anyway, I didn't mind standing there enjoying him for a minute. I wanted to say, "Dude, you're just pretty. I'm not hitting on you, just admiring. So lose the attitude, and just stand there and be pretty. And get my drink." (What did Agustus McCrea say about surly bartenders?)

Back to the competition, I think the right guy won. He's hot in his way, and will represent the gay world well. He also appears to have a pretty good head on his shoulders. Evidently he speaks Spanish fluently and teaches kids that don't speak any English at all, and tries to help them make the transition to American schools and English lessons. That's actually cool, separate from the gay paradigm.

So, Kelliente, I wish you well during your reign as Mr Gay Oklahoma 2011, and in life overall. I appreciate my friend inviting me to the event, and am glad that I got to see a really cute, good guy win.