Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Retail Therapy

"$399, Now $250, Do I hear $225?"

Black Friday is almost here. Last September, I mentioned that I wanted a tablet computer but was waiting for the price wars to take hold before I bought one.

Thanks to Amazon and the Kindle Fire, as well as the next generation of tablets on the way, the price for the one I want will drop from $399 to $250 on Black Friday at Best Buy.

Since I can't see very well, the tablet world is a bit risky for me. The Nook 1 from Barnes and Noble was a really great feasibility test. I really love that thing. But a tablet, in addition to a backlit ereader, has a lot of other apps I think I could use - if I can see the damn thing.

I almost bought the Nook Color, and now Barnes and Noble has announced a real tablet. I've been holding out for the Asus eee Transformer mainly because of the 10.1 inch screen. Just trying to hedge my bet a little.

Today it came out that Best Buy is running a Black Friday special on the eee Transformer for $250 and the matching keyboard/docking station deal for $99.

Hmmm. Somebody will surely beat that. Soon - before Black Friday. If not, I'll be standing in line at Best Buy at Midnight on Thanksgiving to get mine.

God, I hope I love it as much as I love my Nook.

Ain't Christmas shopping fun?