Friday, August 23, 2013

I Want One!

"I never knew that George Jetson's car was called a Gumdrop." "


OK, Here it is. The future of personal transportation. Analogous to the Model T for Jetson's flying car of the future, this thing looks cool. It can take off and land vertically, fly up to 10,000 ft, and cruise at 60mph for an hour and a half. It can land in a driveway and slide into a garage. Wow. Sign me up.

For the record, I am the perfect candidate to beta test this bad boy. I work around 4 miles from home over a populated area, but not too bad. Oklahoma has all kinds of weather so if it can work here, it can work anywhere. And if a mostly blind guy can fly it to and from work, land it safely in the backyard and maneuver it, anyone can. And, we're in the Aviation Parts business, so we can help sell and support it. Sounds like a match made in heaven. Finally, now that I've lost some weight I bet I can actually fit into the thing.

So, I'm volunteering to risk life and limb and try one of these things.

For more info, see www.flythegumdrop.com.