Thursday, August 22, 2013

198.6!

"I like not being a fat old man anymore."

For the first time this century, I weigh less than 200 lbs.

I've been working on it for months, and weighed in yesterday at 198.6 lbs. I actually got off, reset the scale and reweighed just to make sure. I used the scale at work today just to confirm. It's Official!

I started at 221.5 lbs, so some quick math means that I have lost 22.9 lbs. since I started paying attention to my theme this year of Wellness and Strength.

My former trainer told me that my ideal weight for my age and height is 178 lbs. I told him flat out that I couldn't even begin to see that far down the road. I would be happy with anything south of 200. He said we needed to put 178 as the goal anyway. I told him to go for it, but it didn't mean anything to me. 221 to 178 is too much for me to get my head around.

But now that I have broken through 200, and have lost almost 23 lbs, 178 is just 21 lbs away. I still can't imagine what I would look like at 178. I weighed 185 in high school.

But for the most part, I'm excited to find out. But I need a new plan.

So, here's what I'm thinking now. The 221.5 lb fat guy died. He doesn't exist anymore, and never will again.

Now I'm a 200 lb guy who needs to weigh 180. What do I need to do to get there?