Thursday, April 18, 2013

3 Lbs, 2 Weeks, Low Torque

"What does a scale know anyway?"

Well, it's been two weeks exactly since I started working with a trainer and following his meal plan. I've lost 3 lbs. according to the scale, and converted an additional 5 lbs. of fat to muscle (if I correctly understood the rocket science body fat machine crap).

Nothing to jump up and down about (which means I probably need to jump up and down summore).

I guess I was expecting a little more, but I probably shouldn't have. As I explained to my trainer, I am a solid 'C' student.

I have made a ton of progress that the scale knows nothing about.

The digestion issues, acid reflux, bloating, heartburn stuff is completely gone altogether. That is enough progress in two weeks all by itself.

The shoulder, elbow and back issues are well under control. My shoulder and arm don't hurt at all when I exercise or just move it around like it used to. I was probably more worried about this issue than my weight. I was anticipating some orthopedic surgery remedy (something about rotator cuff) if I discussed it with the doctor. I had therefore not discussed it.

But by far the most surprising aspect of my first two weeks is that I am actually having a great time. I went in to this thing thinking about taking my medicine. I need it. It's better than the alternative. I have to just put on a smile and go do this with a good heart because it's the right thing to do for where I am in life just now.

The truth is that I am having a blast.

It's not like we're doing anything I haven't done before. I know my way around the gym a little. I understand the importance and mechanics of an exercise routine. This time is different. I'm not sure why or how exactly. But I'll take it.

So, even though the scale says we're off to a slow start, I feel better. I'm having fun and seeing results.

That'll work.