Wednesday, June 12, 2013

To The National Security Agency Monitoring Blogs

"The Gestapo wasn't all bad, right?"

I'm not sure whether the NSA folks are monitoring blogs like they supposedly monitor emails and phone calls. But if by chance any of you nice folks happen to read this, I want to be probably the very first to wish you a great day.

As I get older, a Secret Police doesn't seem so bad. After all, we're not safe. There are mean people out there who want to do us harm. As freedom loving Americans, we have a social and cultural obligation to surrender that freedom whenever there is even a perceived threat, right? Freedom is overrated anyway. People misuse it all the time, and cause enough trouble to outweigh the benefits of freedom.

I don't actually think the NSA monitors blogs - just emails, texts and phone calls. If I were writing an email just now, I probably wouldn't discuss the half-acre of weed I am cultivating in my elderly neighbor's back yard. She doesn't go outside anymore anyway, so she isn't offended by it.

Nor would I discuss the three teenagers I acquired and keep in the bedroom closet to provide free agricultural labor, After all, someone has to keep the weeds out of the weed, right?

I'm not sure whether the NSA works very closely with the DEA or the IRS, but if they do and ever figure out what a criminal I am, I'll have to start watching the skies for Predator Drones.

But isn't there something we can do about taxes? I'm not sure how I feel about paying the government to listen to three billion phone calls each day. I don't know very many people, but everyone I know is constantly on their phone. And none of them have anything important to say - ever! Do I really need to pay people to listen to their mindless chatter?

Oh well, we have to be safe. Personally, I think we should all be confined to our homes after dark. And we shouldn't allow groups of more than two or three people to walk around in public. Guns shouldn't even be an issue. Nobody should even be allowed to carry scissors. Those things are dangerous.

I personally think we're doing a great job of counter terrorism. We're fighting fire with fire and creating the largest domestic terrorist organization in history. Bravo, guys. Keep up the good work!