Wednesday, June 19, 2013

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me

"I got fired."

I guess two months of working with me is all that my trainer could stand. He resigned at the end of my monthly contract. But I'm not taking it personally. He got an offer to go play baseball again. He is now a player on the Edinburg (Texas) Roadrunners, doing what he loves. I wish him every success.

I looked up the team and the city too since I've obviously never heard of them. The Roadrunners have a web site. Player roster and stats were last updated in Sept, 2012. But they do broadcast the games on the internet. I actually listened to part of one the other night. My former trainer came up to bat. At a 2-2 count, the announcer simply ran out of things to say, so I could hear the ball park in the background. The organ music that was playing between pitches was, "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands."

I hope the guy is happy. But how can you take something seriously with that particular song playing in your ear?

He did manage to single to right field and get on base. He got left on third two batters later. But at least he's out there playing, doing what he wants to do in life, and doing his very best to do it well.

Now I just have to figure out how to keep the momentum going on the training front by myself. I didn't have enough torque to start it, but so far, I'm keeping the concept alive. I've lost 12 lbs., and am getting closer and closer to the 200 lb. mark.

I'm challenged just now to at least put as much effort into continuing my progress as my old trainer is putting into playing baseball.

I love baseball!