Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wellness and Strength March Madness

"It's a process, not an event."

Well, time for a quick update. The concept I'm working with this year is that none of the issues below are separate issues. They're all interconnected and related. So a bullet point update is about all I have room for in one post

Good News/Bad News: Good news is that I'm still vaping instead of smoking. Bad news is I still smoke two or three old cigarettes a day. In February, I tried to 86 the one before bed, and was not successful. I may have even lost a little ground last month.

I did manage to go a whole weekend without a real smoke, but by Tuesday, I couldn't deal with it. I smoked one. I'm not too upset though. 2-3 a day is a lot better than 2 packs! And I'm still enjoying vaping, and still not fighting all the time.

But the smokes just won't let go. Bullet is: "The Empire Strikes Back."

I started exercising a little. I got out the excercise bike and the cheap, Academy Sports version of the Total Gym I've had for a few years. My facebook post from last weekend says it all:

I spent 45 minutes on my exercise bike today. Almost not smoking for a few months has really helped. I used to only last 10-15 minutes b4 my lungs gave out. Today I only stopped because of the sharp pain extending down my left leg, blurred vision and a strange numbness on the left side of my face. But I'm better now.

I'm eating breakfast every day. Except I forgot today, and now I'm starving. That's actually good news, I think. But I still struggle with the nutrition/eating right stuff. Somehow, I have to translate "I need to eat more healthy" to "Buy 1% milk at the store from now on."

And finally...drum roll, please...

Total weight loss since I started working on Wellness and Strength last December. "ZERO." I weigh exactly the same as I did then. Hmmm.