Monday, December 17, 2012

Five Day Forecast

"I'm behind blogging. I better hurry and get caught up."


Since, assuming the Mayans were right, the end of the world is Friday, I better update my blog.

I did indeed make it back from a wonderful trip to Africa. It was awesome. We did a lot of really good things, fun things and eye-opening things. The guy I like? Well, "I'm a great guy but not good enough." Gee, I never heard that before.

Since then, life has been frantically busy, which I hate. But it has been filled with good things, which I love. Because time is so short, I won't share the details. But the last three months have flown by faster than any other time period I can remember.

One thing I will say is that November and December (so far) have been terrible for sales at work. We're having the worst two months since July, 2008. This is exactly how things started for us in December, 2007 before the recession. We were impacted six months before the rest of the world knew what was going on. Hopefully this isn't round two.

(But if it is, oh well. The world ends Friday anyway.)

It's too bad too. I was really looking forward to 2013. 2011 was the year of Momentum for me. 2012 was a year to basically coast. 2013 was shaping up to be the year of Wellness and Strength. I'm really ready to focus on these issues in my life, our business and the world at large. I have even been considering resurrecting by blog.

Well, hopefully the forecast above is as wrong as most of our local weather forecasts. I'm convinced that Oklahoma is Purgatory for meteorologists. They never get it right here.