Thursday, January 23, 2014

Raising The Bar - At Least The Voltage

"Time to get out hte big gun!"

I have now been vaping instead of smoking for over a year. I still smoke a few real cigarettes a day, just because I can't seem to completely quit. But it's time to raise the stakes a little on my vaping.

I've proved the concept long ago. I've gone from two and a half packs a day to 3-6 cigarettes a day. My brother and mom have quit smoking completely. My cousin is starting the vaping journey and I just sent a kit to my long lost brother in California who came to visit last month. He vaped while he was here, and is ready to make the switch. It is a total mystery to me why the politicians and anti smoking coalitions object so strongly to vaping in light of all of the positive things this paradigm has brought to me, my family and thousands of others. But that's a different post.

I've been considering an upgrade for a while. My system works well, and it's easy. But the vaping community has gone over the edge in terms of making this a full time hobby. There is a whole new language around the vaping world - most of which I never want to understand. I just want to quit smoking. My current system isn't very powerful, but usually good enough. But I want to take just one step forward in terms of effectiveness without learning about RBA's, VV, mech mods, volts/amps/resistance graphs, drip tanks, and all of the rest of the crap that the techno-vapers all know inside out.

I finally went shopping for a more powerful, more flexible way to vape, and dug into the jargon as far as I dared. I still wasn't convinced. Fortunately for me, I met a vape nerd at a local store who sold me his backup mod cheap and set it up for me in such a way that it is as easy as the old system, only more robust. And I even saved some money buy buying a working used one instead of a new one.

So I now use a Smoketech Zmax v3. Are you impressed?

Its battery is 2 amps instead of 1.3. It vapes at 7 watts instead of 3.7. It hits a lot harder than my old one, and even a little harder than a cigarette. It weighs as much as a Smith & Wesson 38 Revolver. It has 1,072 other features of which I know nothing. Just like the old one, I just push the button and suck. Perfect!

Maybe now I can get rid of the last few cigarettes each day and finally be free.