Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Year To Be Crazy

"I don't think I can accomplish everything on my plate this year and maintain my sanity."

I've been avoiding writing this post for a month, and life is really busy so it's been easy to procrastinate. But here's the deal for 2014.

For years, I've been just a short distance from crazy anyway. I've been compensating the best I can. But the evidence is becoming overwhelming. The only reason I haven't gone there already is because I am afraid of it. Crazy people aren't treated very well in society, and too many of them are homeless or in jail. I'd rather not go there.

But it seems like lately I've been spending more energy fighting it than I have applied to getting life done. That isn't good either. So I've been wondering if this 'crazy' thing is all bad. I'm ready to entertain the possibility that it isn't. Besides, all of the compensating and covering up and self denial is just a smoke screen anyway. It is what it is, whether I admit it or not.

I've watched over the years as others I evaluate as crazy attack life with all of their might, doing things that don't make sense - even to themselves at the time. They somehow make it through, and pretty much succeed. I wonder if I can be like that. I'm pretty sure that over thinking things is just as crazy as under thinking them. Since I am an over thinker, perhaps by under thinking things for a while, I will just equalize into normal - even if it seems crazy to me. But, of course, I just over thought over thinking.

So my contentions on 'my crazy year' are as follows:

Crazy is not synonymous with stupid. I can be crazy and not stupid, reckless or destructive. I just have to trust myself a little more.

Crazy, though outside of my field of vision, is not beyond the reach of faith. God is with me wherever I go - even Crazy!

Crazy just might turn out to be a whole lot of fun.

So, here we go. Let's Go Crazy, and do it well!