Wednesday, July 10, 2013

San Francisco

"I'm not leaving my heart there..."

But I am going. A friend of mine already has a hotel room at the Union Square Hilton, and I'm crowding in. It should be a great trip. He'll be busy doing stuff for his job, and I'll be exploring and taking it all in.

I'll be going the first part of August, and I'll only be there five days. Just looking around the internet, I've already found about three weeks worth of stuff I wanna do and see. Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf, the City Tour, a Giants/Orioles game Friday night, the big fish tank, Chinatown, little Italy, Alcatraz maybe? Wow. I'm tired already.

I spent many years travelling around the country installing software and training medical offices. But our business was almost always rural. I only made it to Chicago once, got as close as Newark to the Big Apple, never touched Boston, Seattle or LA. I did make it to Atlanta, Houston, Philly, Denver, San Diego and, of course, Missoula, Montana. But I've never spent any time at all in San Francisco. I know only its reputation.

I think there won't be time to go see the Redlands (which I have seen before and really love) or do the wine country tour. If it weren't for all of the crazy people out there, I could love living in California. But I can take them for a few days, I'm sure.

So, if anyone has anything to add to the must see list, especially some off the beaten path restaurant or super eclectic bar in the area, feel free to let me know.