Thursday, May 2, 2013

8 Lbs, 1 Month And No Potatos

"The five food groups: Meat, Cheese, Potatoes, Pasta, Bread"

I've been working with Tylor, my trainer for a month now. I've lost eight lbs, which isn't all that good or bad. I don't miss them, for what it's worth.

It's time to sign up for another month. Here's the paraphrased conversation we had about that.

Tylor: Are we going to keep doing the same schedule this month, or do you need to cut back to two days a week?"

Me: Well, I've been thinking a lot about that. My thoughts drifted towards all of the advantages of being a couch potato. I've been asking myself whether I'm going the right direction. I could be sitting at home watching the Rangers' game, eating potato chips, drinking a Coke and smoking. That scenario offers some real advantages that I'm not going to get spending my time up here working out with you.

I would enjoy eating food from the five food groups again.

I have insurance. If I get diabetes, insurance and eventually Medicare will pay for it.

If I get really, really fat, I can get a handicap sticker from my Dr. ...

[Tylor just kept filling out the paperwork as if I wasn't saying anything. I was hoping for an argument, grimace, objection, negotiation for an order of fries now and then or something. It didn't happen.]

Me: You're not buying any of this are you?

Tylor Nope. You've come too far. Did you want to pay by check or credit card?

[I signed the form and handed over the card.]