Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hot As Hell Vacation Starts Now!

"Out of the Frying Pan into the Fire!"

I am officially on vacation! Leaving tomorrow for a few days of Donnie and Marie (is that gay or what?), Dancing With the Stars Las Vegas, The Beetles Cirque Du Soleil, lots of blackjack (I hope), great food, afternoon naps (like that's any different than normal), late night bars (I wonder if that really cute Cuban guy still works at Krave?), and some quality time (no, not that kind...get out of the ghetto!) with a good friend from Houston.

Now, if I could just get a freak arctic front to blow through there and drop the temperatures by, oh, 40 degrees should do it. That would be a vacation!

Las Vegas, Here we come! It's been several years, and I am looking forward to having as good a time as last time. I really need a break.

But I sure would like to ask the Godfather why they didn't start Las Vegas somewhere in Montana. It would be cooler there in July, and more scenic if by chance the blackjack makes us take the consolation drive to the Hoover Dam or the Valley of Fire.

But alas, Vegas is in Nevada, and it's hotter than hell there just now.

I am therefore going to have a great time anyway.