Friday, July 27, 2012

Eight Years and 33.5 Million Dollars Ago ...

"I almost forgot Mr. Happy's Halloween!"

Yes, folks, it's that time again: The day I remember watching over thirteen years of hard work to make a medical software business successful go up in smoke.

I'm way over it now.

I'm way over my old business partner and his absolute religious committment to serving his checking account balance. I'm way over being asked to leave as if I didn't own half of the place. I'm way over what could have been.

I'm way over the first gay guy I ever fell for, whose religious committment to drugs, booze and the gay lifestyle has rendered him more like Smeagol than the guy I loved so much. (Although, to this day he is a very pretty Smeagol. I still miss my friend.)

I'm so far over it, I almost forgot to document the number that to me has always proven beyond doubt that I'm better off now than I ever would have been then. That number is the total cumulative sales number from July 28, 2004 up to and including today at the family business I work with now. Although I don't own it, I am and have been as instrumental in its success as I tried to be at the old company.

The number that makes this year's Halloween feel like Thanksgiving is:

$33,512,991