Thursday, May 7, 2015

The World Just Ain't Right!

"This is so incredible it deserves a blog post."

This is real. No names have been changed. Your monitor is not broken. This is not April 1. I'm not pulling any pranks.

The lowly Houston Astros are at the top of the American League West standings in Major League Baseball - by 5 games!

I wanted to hurry and take a picture of it since it cannot possible last longer than a typical fart in the wind. That's one of the cool things about baseball. At the beginning of the season anybody can be in first place.

Last year, the Astros improved their reputation dramatically by being the Second team eliminated from the playoffs instead of the first. Year before last, the were out about three games past the All Star break.

I can't imagine they'll hold on to first place very long. But they've been there for over a month.Not bad.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not an Astros fan, or a fan of any team in the AL West. I used to be a Rangers fan, but they dumped all of my favorite players and they are from Texas. I'm trying on the Dodgers fan role. After all, their AAA team is now the OKC Dodgers (who are kicking ass and taking names in the PCL). I would really like to like the Dodgers, but I feel like I'm wearing pants that just don't fit. May have to start cheering for the Royals soon.